Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Bookshelf: Sadie Starr Presents Beading with Seed Beads, Gem Stones & Cabachons


This book was the first of many beading books in my library and my bible as a beginning beader. Although I don't do as much seed bead work as I used to I still love flipping through the pages to gaze at Sadie's beautiful work.

Sadie Starr is the great, great niece of the famed outlaw Belle Starr. She is Cherokee and Chata Indian and her heritage is reflected in her unique, hand-crafted wearable art. Oh how I would love to visit her Shooting Starr gallery in Camp Verde, Arizona. Her designs are breathtaking and truly an inspiration.

Some of the techniques I learned was the peyote stitch, how to make seed bead earrings, beading around cabachons, beading around a feather and beaded dream catchers. Other projects include barrettes and brooches, bolo ties, hat bands, covering objects, wire wrapping crystal pendants, key chains and many more. The pictures and instructions are clear and easy to follow. An excellent book for beginners and accomplished beaders. Highly recommended! This book may be out of print but you can still get copies through Amazon - get it while you can!

Sadie Starr Presents Beading With Seed Beads, Gem Stones and Cabochons
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Giftbearer said...

I love doing this kind of jewelry too! By the way, that necklace you have at the top with the purple heart pendant is really beautiful!